Each of the CEFR levels includes a rubric for the tasks presented.
WHAT EXPECTATIONS HAVE BEEN ASSESSED?
WHAT STRATEGIES WILL THE STUDENT NEED TO USE TO RESPOND TO THE TASK?
Engage Further with the Resources in this Guide
- Using a blank rubric, discuss the success criteria in relationship to the Ontario FSL curriculum.
- Discuss which category of the achievement chart you would use for each of the success criteria. (i.e. Knowledge, Thinking, Communication, Application)
- Discuss the last criterion of the rubric in relationship to the FSL Ontario curriculum. Reinforce when teachers should be evaluating the application of language conventions.
- Using a blank rubric, remove level three comments. Ask participants to write the level three comment. This same exercise can be completed by having the level three comment present and asking participants to create the level 1, 2 and 4 comments.
- Cut up a blank rubric into different pieces. Ask participants to create the rubric from the pieces.